Submission is Open
After the success of of our first online exhibition last year, this Spring sees our second exhibition come to life, and we are opening the call for entries now. It is open to all artists, writers, and photographers, of all ages, and from anywhere in the world. The exhibition is totally inclusive and we encourage anyone to submit creative work; regardless of profession, age, ability, location, gender, race, or anything else!
Theme - Discovery
For this year’s Spring exhibition, we have chosen the theme of ‘Discovery’. Spring is a great time to get out and about to search for all the new life that is popping up all over the place. With much of the world still on lockdown, perhaps its a chance to find ‘discoveries’ closer to home, in your garden or yard… maybe its a chance for a bit of self-discovery, perhaps you will interpret ‘discovery’ as something completely different. These is totally up for a free interpretation and we look forward to seeing what you come up with!
We are looking for creative works, of all kinds, that represent, symbolise, and/or explicitly explore the idea of ‘Discovery’.
Think outside the box, think inside the box, and think like there is no box at all. Think of discovery as something that has inspired you personally, or that has influenced your community, that sits in nature, or perhaps sits within you… It is an open ended and wonder filled theme to work with.
Feel free to browse our current Winter Exhibition: Hope, to see how it came together and what sort of work was shown last year.
If your work is selected, you will be part of an online exhibition that is open to a huge global audience. Of course, the internet doesn’t always work like that, but we do have a 75,000 active following across social media. We are passionate about sharing creatives’ works; whether you are an established artist, an up and coming, a young person enjoying creative pursuits, or a happy hobbyist. Plus, isn’t great to be a part of something wonderful? There are awards up for grabs for each category, including a solo exhibition awarded to selected artists.
As we are online, our submission guidelines are only to ensure the work is presented appropriately and in its best light!
Submission is categorised into age and medium of work.
Age categories are:
- Children: 0 – 12 years old
- Teens: 13 – 17 years old
- Students/Young Adults: 18 – 25
- Adults – 26 +
1Medium categories are:
- Painting and printmaking
- Drawing and illustration
- Sculpture, ceramics and 3d art
- Creative writing and poetry
- Photography and digital art
- Theatre or Performance Art
- Film and animation
- Mixed Media
- Each piece of work must be photographed in good natural lighting, or scanned at a high resolution.
- 2D pieces should be flat and cropped (examples below).
- 3D pieces should be photographed with a relatively plain background, in good lighting, and with no distractions.
- Creative writing can be submitted digitally or hand written. If hand written, should be photographed to the same specs as 2D artwork.
- Photography can be submitted as a singular piece, or a small portfolio of 4 pieces. Photos should be at least 1000 pixels wide and 300 DPI. Photos can be taken on any device or camera.
- Film and animation should be limited to 10 minutes, and can be shared directly from Vimeo or YouTube.
- Theatre or Performance Art needs to be filmed, and submitted as above.
- All visual artwork should be titled, and should have a short description; either contextualising or describing the work. No more than 300 words; we will get in touch if we need more info.
- Creative writing work can have a short introduction
- Mixed media may meet various guidelines; feel free to email if you need any clarification.
- For any other questions regarding guidelines please email us we are happy to answer any questions.
Our wonderful contributors deserve adoration and recognition for their work, and we would love to present the outstanding entrants – particular the young artists – with beneficial prizes and awards! If you would like to support us on this mission, you would be given generous advertising space on our website, and promotional spots across our social media. If you are interested please contact me for an informal chat.
Submit Your Work
Please use the following form to upload your work, and provide your information. If you encounter any technical difficulties please let me know using our contact form, or by dropping me an email. We will be in touch soon to let you know if your work has been accepted into the exhibition. Good luck, and we can’t WAIT to see your entries. 🙂