This was our response and action plan regarding the initial outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic in March 2020.
ART ACADEMY & LEGO SENSE:
– Current Art Academy and Lego Sense sessions are postponed for the time being.
– Art Academy and Lego Sense sessions are postponed due to Covid-19 related issues or school closures. We will roll everyone’s bookings over to a later time, when schools are reopen and able to accommodate us, and the public health situation has stabilised.
– Please keep an eye on our Facebook page and website for notifications of postponements, and rescheduled classes.
– We don’t want you to feel like you are losing money spent on pre-booked sessions, so we are offering a credit service, where you can request your bookings be turned into credits to be used at a later date. You can register for credits here.
– New term bookings – bookings are currently suspended, however you can buy transferable credits which can be used for any of our activities, and you will be given priority booking. You can do that here.
– We currently have an Easter Art and Lego camp, and an adult Lego Club in the Pub arranged for the Easter holidays. It is very difficult to say if they will go ahead at this point. If you have made a booking, or would like to (please feel free), and the sessions do not go ahead due to Covid-19, your money will automatically be transferred into credits to be used at another time. Or you can buy transferable credits, rather than booking specific activities; all details are here.
Creating online courses, classes and activities is part of our long term plan, but due to the current situation we will be moving this to the top of our priority list in order to support our audience and service users around the world.
Many people have found or will find themselves at home much more than usual, with our without children to care for and educate, and as such we will aim to offer creative activities, resources and prompts for adults and children, to help everyone with their general well-being at this time. Some of these will be free, and some will require a small cost to cover our own costs, but we aim for them all to be accessible to everyone in one way or another. We will also aim for some money to be donated to communities in need, such as our local food bank.
Please keep an eye on our Facebook page and website for new posts about this initiative.
If you would like to work with us to deliver online services to adults or children, please get in touch, we would love to hear from you.
We had planned to hold camps in the Easter holidays, May half term, and the Summer holidays. We had also planned workshops in all of the holidays, as well as adult sessions, and a new adult art class. And of course, our weekly Lego Sense sessions have been planned until the end of the summer term, and beginning again in September. Booking for these sessions is currently suspended until we know more about the current situation and how it is likely to unfold.
HOW CAN YOU SUPPORT US?
We have received a few lovely emails from our community asking how they can support us, knowing that we will likely have to postpone or even cancel sessions at some point. If you want to support us, as a small business, we would be extremely grateful. The best ways you can do this are:
– to buy transferable credits for future activities (we are donating 10% of this money to local charities in need during this time)
– to share our website, posts and Facebook page with your friends
– and to become involved with our online services in the coming days and weeks
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
This is an uncertain and challenging time for everyone. We wish everyone good health and well being, and implore you all to try to stay positive, help each other, and reach out for help if and when you need it.